Dental crowns not only reinstate the appearance of your teeth, but also restore its strength. They come in more than one form and porcelain crowns have the maximum number of benefits as it restores the functionality of the tooth along with its dental aesthetics. We at FLOSS – Midtown offer crowns that are affordable, effective and class apart. We love to restore smiles through our dental services as it gives us immense joy.
When is a Dental Crown Needed?
The need for a dental crown might come into the picture if the structure of your tooth gets affected. A crown repairs a tooth that is cracked, broken or chipped, it is also used to restore a tooth completely which has undergone a root canal therapy. The dental crown acts as an extra protection for the tooth.
What are the Benefits of a Dental Crown?
- A dental crown has the ability to strengthen a weak tooth. It also enhances your bite and improves your speech. Chewing your food or pronouncing a few words can be difficult if some of your teeth are broken or chipped.
- It revamps your tooth’s structure by changing its color and shape.
- Your neighboring teeth might have a chance of getting affected if any of your teeth are broken, cracked or chipped. However, a dental crown can save your neighboring teeth.
- It protects a tooth that is decayed.
How to Take Care of Dental Crowns?
Your dental crown can wear out soon if it does not receive an adequate amount of care. Look after its upkeep to keep the quality of the dental prosthesis intact. These are a few tips which can be of help.
- Smoking tobacco causes plaque and also leads to stained or discolored teeth. Continuing the habit can cause major damage to your dental crown, thus quit it if you are a heavy smoker.
- Don’t have an excessive amount of foods and beverages that are acidic.
- Don’t brush your teeth with a toothpaste that is abrasive.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Get bruxism treated if you are experiencing the condition.
- See your dentist every six months.