Periodontitis, also known as gum disease or periodontal problem, begins with bacterial development in your mouth and can lead to tooth loss due to damage of the tissue that surrounds your teeth if not treated appropriately. But, the constant evolution in the field of modern dentistry has led to the availability of effective treatment plans for all sorts of dental problems. Here at Floss Midtown, we offer excellent laser gum treatment in Houston, Texas. Going through this blog will help you gain a clear understanding of the benefits of going for laser gum treatment.
Why Choose Laser Gum Treatment?
- Treatment and recovery are more comfortable – Our dentists can use dental lasers to give predictable therapy and a high level of accuracy with the laser gum disease regimen. Patients will have a more comfortable operation and recuperation because of the pinpoint precision and lack of scalpels or stitches.
- It aids in the preservation of soft tissue and bone – Dental lasers aren’t meant to be used for cutting. They employ light energy to gently vaporize unhealthy tissue and bacteria in the periodontal pockets surrounding the teeth. This aids in the preservation of healthy gum tissue and bone. The preservation of more hard and soft tissues speeds up the healing process.
- There are fewer dietary limitations – Traditional periodontal therapy may necessitate a soft diet for a few weeks following the operation. When dental lasers are utilized, the soft diet only needs to be followed for a few days, and most patients feel well enough to eat immediately after treatment.
- The outcome of the treatment is long-lasting – There are no sutures required, and surgical incisions are greatly reduced. We’ve discovered that laser treatment for teeth and gums offers high-quality, long-lasting outcomes after treating a large number of patients.
- It can be undergone by almost everyone – Even people with diabetes, hemophilia, HIV, or those on drugs like Plavix can benefit from laser periodontal treatment.
We hope that you now know the advantages of laser gum treatment. If you are looking for the best laser gum treatment in Houston, Texas, book an appointment with Floss Dental.
Bad Outcome Of Gum Disease
You need to know that ignoring gum disease has also been linked to other health problems. We have listed them in the pointers below:
- Diabetes – Even people with diabetes, hemophilia, HIV, or those on drugs like Plavix can benefit from laser periodontal treatment.
- Heart Problems – As gum disease is linked to diabetes, those who have both heart disease and gum disease are more likely to suffer from both.
- Rheumatoid arthritis – Gum disease and rheumatoid arthritis can cause inflammation. People with severe rheumatoid arthritis have a higher risk of gum disease and tooth loss, according to research.
- Dementia – Surprisingly, studies have found a link between gum disease and dementia, specifically an increased risk of dementia later in life.
Lastly, periodontitis – gum infection or gum disease goes mostly unnoticed. Therefore, be very careful to notice the first signs of gum disease. Consult a dentist if you feel the need. Always remember that any sort of issue can be cured with proper treatment.