Dental Veneers Treatment in Midtown TX
Veneers are thin materials that are placed over a tooth, mainly for aesthetic purposes. Veneers can be composite or porcelain. A composite veneer usually takes one appointment, in which a preexisting veneer is placed over the tooth. Sometimes, they might be fabricated in the laboratory as well. Porcelain veneers need two sittings, in which a dental technician fabricates the veneer as per the required shape and size of the tooth. These usually last much longer than composite veneers and are the most common type.
Advantages of veneers
- Enhanced aesthetics: Veneers give you a beautiful smile! They are designed to look natural and give your teeth a fantastic shape, while also covering any dental damage.
- They are long-lasting: Porcelain veneers can last for over a decade.
- Low maintenance: You do not need to be overly cautious about your veneer. You can brush and floss just like you usually do, and still have the smile of a celebrity!
- You can choose the shade: You can choose the shade of the veneer that you wish to have. This way, you can basically choose how bright you want your teeth to shine!
- Stain-resistant: Porcelain veneers are stain-resistant. Thus, you need not worry about the longevity of your newly found bright smile!
The dentist will first take a very small portion of your tooth enamel out, to fit the veneer in. This may involve mild sedation, depending upon your needs. The impression of the tooth will be sent to the laboratory to shape the veneer. Prior to this, your dentist will also send over any additional information required for the construction of your veneer, to the laboratory. Until the veneer is ready, you would be given a temporary veneer for the time being.
When the veneer is ready, the dentist would call you for a final appointment, and place it over your tooth, using dental adhesives. It is during this sitting that the fit and color of the veneer will be checked against your natural teeth. You can usually choose your preferred shade.
Composite veneers would rather be directly placed over your teeth using resin cement, while ceramic veneers would involve taking a mold of your tooth/teeth to be sent to the laboratory.
Located in Texas (TX 77006), we at Floss Dental are constantly improving our services to our patients, aiming for perfection in cosmetic dental procedures, like placing dental veneers. We are one of the most renowned dental clinics in Midtown when it comes to reliable dental cosmetic procedures, and aim to serve all of Houston with this consistency.