Periodontitis is a severe infection of gums. It is generally caused by bacteria that accumulate around your teeth and gums and can spoil the soft tissues. It can destroy the alveolar bone which provides support to your teeth if left untreated. This indeed, may lead to a chance of heart attack, stroke, and other health troubles. The term “Periodontitis” actually means “inflammation around the tooth.” Periodontitis can cause teeth to loosen or gradually it might lead to tooth loss.
Symptoms of Periodontitis
- You may find swollen or puffy gums
- Gums may bleed often
- Your gums may turn to bright red, dusky red or purplish
- Bad breath
- You may find pus between your teeth and gums
- Whenever you chew you may feel pain
- Loose teeth and gradual loss of teeth
- Alteration in the way your teeth fit together while you bite.
We know that our mouths are normally loaded with bacteria. In most of the cases, it is studied that the birth of Periodontitis starts actually with plaque. Plaque is a type of gluey, colorless structure or layer – formed generally from bacteria together with mucus and a wide range of particles. If you don’t visit your dentist at the right moment, then plaque might harden enough to transform into tartar and grow into Periodontitis.
How Is Your Gum Problem Treated in Midtown, TX?
We render you the best Periodontal Care at Floss Dental in Midtown, TX! The principal purpose of the treatment is to block the infection and to strengthen the bonding of healthy gums to the teeth.
The number and level of treatment will vary, as it will be based according to –
- The degree of the gum trouble
- How well you have reacted to your previous treatments
- And of course it will depend on your overall health status
Treatment options range from nonsurgical processes that include the reduction of the growth of bacteria to surgical processes to restore supportive tissues. The specialist will precisely clean your pockets around teeth to put an end to the damage around the surrounding bone. Your dentist will discuss your problems and will develop a suitable treatment plan.
Prevention and Care
You can you take effective care of your teeth by implementing healthy oral practices like:
- Daily brushing your teeth twice for at least two minutes
- Flossing once daily
- Cleaning your mouth with a good antibacterial mouth-wash with doctor’s recommendation
- Maintaining a perfect balanced diet
- Also quit smoking and try not to take stress
- If possible try not to skip your dental visits for cleanings, especially after every 6 to 12 months.
Now, if you’re looking for a ‘Dentist near Me’ in TX, and wish to receive proper periodontal care, then do visit our office at Floss Dental!