Dental crowns, commonly called caps, are tooth-colored dental products that are placed over your teeth for solving various dental issues, such as restoring your teeth’s size and shape, tooth strength, and improvingthe aesthetic appearance of a tooth. A dentist cements a dental crown into place before fully encasing the visible portion of your tooth, i.e., the area above and below your gum line.
When should you opt for a dental crown?
Different people choose to get dental crowns for various reasons.Some of the situations where your dentist will recommend getting a dental crown are as follows:
- Protecting weak teeth from further damage
- Restoring already broken or worn down tooth
- Covering and supporting teeth with large fillings
- Keeping a dental bridge in place
- Making cosmetic modifications to teeth
How much does a dental crown cost?
The cost of dental crowns in Houston, TX, or anywhere across the world depends on the type of dental crown you want to get. The four main types of dental crowns that you can choose from are listed below:
- Metal: This dental crown variant commonly uses platinum and gold as well as base-metal alloys like nickel, chromium, and cobalt. Metal crowns are the most durable among all other variants and hardly break and chip along with withstanding high forces of chewing and biting. The average cost of metal crowns range between $600 and $2,500.
- Metal combined with porcelain: By design, this crown type matches the surrounding teeth. But they are more susceptible to the wear and tear caused by chewing and biting, which makes them less durable in comparison to their metal counterparts. These crowns cost around $500 to $1,500.
- Resin: This type is the least expensive option because they are more prone to fractures when compared to metal and porcelain combined metal crowns. The resin dental crowns cost somewhere around $300.
- Porcelain: If you want to opt crowns that closely resemble your natural teeth, porcelain crowns should be your pick. These crowns are best suited for fixing your front teeth and for people who are allergic to metals. The cost of porcelain crowns starts from $800 and can go up to $3,000.
Depending on your specific requirements, our expert dentists at Floss Midtown will help you in determining the suitable kind of dental crowns in Houston,TX, for you. We have different payment plans for you so that the treatment costs are manageable.To book an appointment, you can get in touch with us today!